Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tools Celebrate Their Usefulness

"Why do I make lists?" Amory asked him one night. "Lists of all sorts of
things?"
"Because you're a mediaevalist," Monsignor answered.
"We both are. It's the passion for classifying and finding a type."
"It's a desire to get something definite."
"It's the nucleus of scholastic philosophy."
"I was beginning to think I was growing eccentric till I came up here."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, "This Side of Paradise"

My two favorite types of work g-strings look like this:



In order to express solidarity with Christ and to help my friend renovate the house, I've been learning how to do all sorts of things. Some of the tools we use look like this:



My work clothes look like this:



And my Bible looks like this (I've had it almost 15 years, since I got confirmed: