Monday, March 16, 2009

Obama Votes=Dolla Dolla Bills Y'all...

At the strip club the other night a larger than life "man of leisure" type asked me where I was from.

"Chicago," I replied, taking his dollar with a smile.

"You vote for Obama?"

"Hell yeah, four times in the last three years!" I exclaimed gleefully, ticking off on my fingers the times I'd joyfully selected "Obama" in the voting booth:

"Illinois senate primary, Illinois senatorial election, national primary and, obviously, in November."

He gave me a dollar for each vote, deeming me "a progressive white girl" and throwing scads of cash at me thereafter.

Thanks, Barack!

PS In a random Illinois political note, since disgraced governor Rod Blagojevich (he ran his office like a teamster's union, in Illinois? Oh how shocking!) whom I voted for twice, btw, seems to be out of the running for Obama's senate seat, it looks like Alexi Giannoulias, Obama's wealthy basketball buddy (yes I voted for him in his successful bid for state treasurer) is going to throw his hat in:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/03/illinois_state_treasurer_alexi.html



Worthy of note: he's only 32! Also worthy of note: he fine.